Lucas the Prince of Darkness
- Not many people know that Land Rovers attempted to market a computer. Why did they stop? They could not find a way to get it to leak oil!
- A Land Rover doesn´t leak oil, it marks it´s territory. Did you hear about the man whose Land Rover didn't leak oil? The factory took it backand worked on it until it did.
- Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night? They all look the same. " - "He replied, "It does not matter which one you use, nothing happens !"
- The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
- Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
- Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
- Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
- The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
- The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
- >Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
- Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
- "I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."
- If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.
- A friend of mine told everybody he never had any electric problems with his Lucas equipment. Today he lives in the countryside, in a large manor with lots of friendly servants around him an an occasional ice cold shower...
- Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
- Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators
- Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
- Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."